Then a new "season" arrived... in my life it's not just spring, summer, winter, fall. When I think of seasons of creating I actually think of the different ways that creating or art looks at different times.
- From the gut ~ a project "makes itself" in my head and I literally get no rest till the project is completed
- From the heart ~ a project is born in my head, but may take months or longer to evolve into a finished piece. It may start one way, then morph a bit, then get worked on, then laid aside to view and mull over and then worked a bit more
- For a need ~ someone's birthday or special event comes along and I know I want to make something for that person and start pulling out "stuff".... lace, ribbons, folios, postcards, buttons and seeing what happens. Funny story. When showers come along in our church, generally bridal showers, I guess there are a few who expect (Not sure that's the correct word.), or hope, I'll make a card. I think that's fun, but it also makes me nervous. I don't want to let pride become the reason I create.
- Art Show ~ so I've only done three shows, but when I find myself making art to fill space on a table I wonder if it's art or if it's craft... Anyone know the difference? I'd love to hear about it.
- Because what I'm doing is what God wants me to do ~ this is the place I want to be all the time. ALL THE TIME!
What are your seasons of art?
p.s. Don't forget the giveaway! See the post below, or click on the link on the upper sidebar.